Wednesday, August 3, 2011

First Morning at Master Toddy's Gym

Well I have just started training at Master Toddy's Gym, Sukhumvit soi 107.
Very clean, 8 bags, 1 ring, 4 boxing wall pads.
So this will be a first impression review of the gym, I will do a full review after 1 month.
So woke up in the morning for 6:30am and waited down stairs for everyone to run so I could find the route, one lad came down but when I asked 'are you running' he said 'no my leg hurts', So I think he must have fought recently. So I went off and did my run, think I did 4km this morning, just had 1 week off, so getting back into it slowly.
Got back in, more people were there now, we skipped together for about 10-15 mins, wrapped our hands and then did shadow boxing. The one thing that surprised me, is after 20 seconds of shadow boxing Master Toddy stopped me and told me not to look at their chest, look at their eyes. So I did this and about a minute later one of the trainers stopped me, and changed how I held my guard, I was like damn, I love this. I expected this to be the only technique I got this morning, but no more to come.
After shadow boxing I did pads, Master Toddy was walking round the ring, myself and another Thai on the pads, he then told me i was leaning to much into the punch and said I was easy to hit, also go down at the last second on the punch so creates more power, a bunch of other things, I could be here all day. There was alot, but was made very simple to follow.
After the pad rounds I went on the bag, I was expecting to be left alone, but no again Master Toddy came over and work on my punches more.
After the bag work, went onto clinching, I clinched for a while with the bigger guy about 70kg, 22 years old. And was good to clinch with, he kept putting me on the floor, btu I asked him for a technique and he showed me, and then we carried on, I changed over and work with a lad about 40kg, was good to work with the smaller lad because I could easily practice the technique I learn't before I went back with the bigger guy.
Then I did all my exercises, sit ups, pull ups, weights, neck lifts and called it a day because only my first day back.
But from first impression, I really felt like the trainers care and want to help you. More will come in 1 month.

No comments:

Post a Comment